Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happiness.

Why must we have to make fun of someone by saying something like, "Oh, look at her bright red lip stick. She looks hidious." Or, the way people are. For example like scene kids. A lot of people make fun of them for who knows why. I mean, if it makes them happy, then why the hell not?

Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Do we make fun of people because our lives aren't as exciting and interesting? Or is it because we have small minds?

To be quite honest, I mean, sure. I do get a kick out of it once in a while. It does make the people around me laugh, and I laugh along with them because sometimes it is funny. But is it honestly making me happy? Does it make the people around me happy that I'm physically pointing out something mean about someone that maybe I'm jealous of, or a quality that I may not have? It's imperative that we will all make fun of people no matter what. Why? Because as humans we are too arrogant to ever let that sort of pride go. Making people laugh is a small goal for all of us because we like the feeling of being funny. We but only think it is making us happy.

Miss Roosevelt also said, "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product."

It doesn't make me happy to make fun of someone or something. It just makes me look like a fool. It also just makes you look like a moron for laughing. So the next time I'm ready to point out something mean, I will be sure to reassure myself before saying it so I can take this block of nonsense that is filled with dumb cluterness away from my life to make it simple. I will not judge someone because of what they wear, or of what they do. If they want to be cheated on everyday and not listen to anybody, fine. If they want to kill their brains slowly, but surely by doing E, then go for it. Obviously its making them happy so why the hell should I care what makes a person happy?

-Making someone laugh will not be my goal. It doesn't even equal happiness. Doing a good deed, or something useful for my life will be utter, and true, complete happiness for me. At least it'll do for now.